My name is Maddie Jonely. I am beyond blessed and excited to be your IJM International Miss 2018. I am 20 years old from Salt Lake City, Utah. When I say I’m from Utah, it is said with nothing but pride. Utah is known for our beautiful mountains, Arches National Park, and the greatest snow on earth!
Here are a few facts to help you get to know me better....
- I am a junior at Weber State University majoring in Criminal Justice. My career ambition is to become a Forensic Scientist. I want to find justice for those that no longer have a voice.
- I am actively involved in my community and I have traveled over 10,000 miles, year to date, volunteering. One of my favorite service opportunities was going on a humanitarian trip to Jamaica.
- I am on the Passion Committee for the Utah American Heart Association where I volunteer; attend monthly meetings, and plan service projects and events.
- I enjoy modeling, singing, emceeing events, traveling, learning new cultures, and pursuing a healthy lifestyle.
- I have never dyed my hair, I love to sing in French, and I have been published in a few modeling magazines.
- My most exciting and spontaneous adventure was traveling to Orlando to compete for American Idol. I was selected out of 300 contestants to perform for a live show in front of thousands of people at Hollywood Studios in Disney World.
- During my year of service, I will be promoting my personal platform: Living the Spirit of Service. I chose the slogan, “Singin’ in the Rain” as a positive approach to challenging situations. Singing is something I am passionate about and I find it rewarding to share this talent because it helps me to connect emotionally with those in need. As IJM International Miss, I will be promoting VolunteerMatch.org and I will be presenting this online resource to schools, providing opportunities for students to become excited about volunteering and making positive changes in the lives of many.
I am excited about this year and I know it will be filled with service, adventure, and sisterhood!